Sunday, May 24, 2009

Seating Card Idea


I have two ideas here that are great for seating cards. I am on a fairly tight budget so a saying I’m getting very familiar with is “Wedding DIY”. I am quite a crafty person as it is and so doing the invitations/seating cards and bits-n-bobs is fun! It also gives me a chance to get mum involved in more than just idea and choosing things. I like having her (and the rest of the family) a part of the process as the wedding is becoming a family occasion. It's wonderful.

So I got this idea off Martha Stewarts blog. The Martha Stewart Website is also amazing. What fantastic sites.

Ok, so to my place seating idea. Get a leaf craft punch and punch out a leaf (I like the leaf as it fits into the autumn theme), then stick the leaf directly onto the ink pad (like the pics above) and then stamp a piece of card. I would do a cream place card with a brown stamp. I might try and add some orange with a ribbon again. The burnt orange in the theme is really there for a punch of colour. I quite like this stamp idea. It looks and feels quite rustic. I might stick the card onto some hessian or some handmade paper, just to make it a little "rough" around the edges.

Then another wonderful idea is to get about 5 or 6 different people to write the names of all the guests. It creates a wonderful effect with everyones different hand writing. I also got this idea off Martha Stewarts website.

No comments:

Post a Comment