Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where to start planning!?!

So the big question! WHERE DO YOU START WITH PLANNING?

I am not the kind of girl that has been planning her wedding since she was a little girl, I just haven’t – I don’t quite know why, but there it is. So now, I have a slight dilemma – I have NO idea what I want (apart from wanting a bush wedding). Colours? Food? Dress? Stationary? HELP! The options are limitless. My only saving grace (lets hope) is that I am a fairly decisive person.

I decided to go to The Wedding Expo www.wedding-expo.co.za at the Coca-Cola Dome in Jo’burg at the beginning of April. That was the BEST decision I could ever have made. What a fantastic show and such good value for money. I would definitely recommend it. The show is held twice a year, in April and September and I will be going again in September. I went to the April 09 show to give me a feel for what is on offer in the market before trawling the internet for hours and hours looking for ideas. Everything you want in one place at The Wedding Expo – it was truly worthwhile. AND THERE WAS A FASHION SHOW and the FREE WEDDING INSPIRATIONS MAGAZINE www.weddinginspirations.co.za.

Back to planning, in the Wedding Inspirations magazine is a Wedding Countdown and Planner (for budgeting). PERFECT, it’s exactly what I need. I have decided I am going to be using this in the coming months. This way my thoughts will be more ordered (well one can hope) and poor George will have at least some sort of ordered wedding talk – rather than my wild imagination running away with me with all the ENDLESS possibilities. It makes the planning seem less daunting and maybe I won't procastinate (an inhereant trate I have :) ). There are also some really great articles in the magazine and I’m really looking forward to the September magazine.

So the countdown says that in the 9-12 months before the wedding, Determine the type of wedding: location, theme, number of guests, formality and time of day – amongst other things. This is where I am going to start. I will get to the rest of the list later – I can’t believe how much there is to organize. But, pole-pole (slowly-slowly) as they say in Swahile. One thing at a time.
I’ll be back with a myriad of ideas to sift through!

Catch you later

No comments:

Post a Comment